Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Try Clay

Over a month ago, my friend Kelly and I went to Good Dirt, a pottery place here in Athens which offers classes, camps, and studio time. We went to "Try Clay" night, where we had a few hours to learn the very basics of throwing and centering clay, attempting to shape it into a mug, and painting it. It's much harder than one might imagine, and I ended up with two bowls. One looks like a hamster food bowl (no pics of that one- ha!), but the other one I was pretty happy with:


I inscribed a paraphrase of a favorite verse along the outside-- "The fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control" (characteristics I pray for daily!) from Galatians 5:22-23. And yes, that is a luscious vanilla-yogurt covered strawberry sticking out the top of my little "fruit" bowl :)

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been to Good Dirt yet. What a fun idea. Did you check out any kids classes?

    ReplyDelete