Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For mother's eyes only

I knew I'd need a new breastfeeding cover-up/apron for the coming little one because my last apron (so generously made by a friend) had an irreplaceable broken buckle (unless I cut it and re-sewed it), and I think the boning broke (the part that holds the apron out and stiff so you can check on your hungry baby). I decided I wanted a new one anyways, so I used a pattern that I'd found at a fabric store for $2.50, and here it is!:




I made two little pockets on the inside, mainly for holding breast pads while the baby is nursing (I've had a few of those escape embarrassingly during a feeding!):



It was fun to make something for the expected babe (suitable for a boy or girl, in my opinion), and easier than I expected!

2 comments:

  1. The pocket for the breast pads was a great idea! You rarely see that on the cover-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Britney! The pocket is genius! I may need to add at least one to my own nursing cover. Good job Linds!

    ReplyDelete