Friday, June 10, 2011

I (used to) heart Old Navy

I really like Old Navy. I shop there quite frequently for myself, the hubby, the kiddos, and gifts for people. However, I don't think a clothing store should be pushing a political agenda, and promoting a destructive and sinful lifestyle: homosexuality.

The retail chain is now selling shirts for its "Love Proudly: Pride 2011" campaign and donating 10% of the proceeds to the "It gets better" project (http://www.facebook.com/oldnavy?sk=app_102771089813109). I wrote them an email (you can too, if you'd like: custserv@oldnavy.com) to let them know they should stick to selling stylish, affordable clothing, and that for a large amount of time, I will be shopping elsewhere. They currently collaborate with several activist groups (partnering with The American Red Cross Operation: Care & Comfort, to collect donated items for care packages to send to our troops overseas, and others), so they should continue to advocate things are good rather than promote and condone things that are harmful and unhealthy.

If you leave a comment, please be courteous. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment