Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our porch

Here are some pictures of our screened-in porch (very common here in the South). If you're in California, or somewhere not humid, you may be thinking 'Why would one need a screened-in porch? Isn't that wimpy?'. No. The screens are extremely necessary because otherwise one might get eaten alive by mosquitoes or other large bugs/spiders (although somehow a few still find their way in, including scorpians). We love the porch, although I can't tolerate being outside right now for more than 2 minutes (it's been around 96-100 degrees here lately with high humidity). I think I'll enjoy it more when it cools off a little. Anyways, the porch overlooks our backyard and the woods beyond (the river below is visible in the winter when all the trees have lost their leaves).

The lovely, Appalachian-made rocking chairs are on loan from some very dear friends of ours.

The wicker loveseat has a matching chair next to it which I got at a yardsale for $8!! For both!! Very exciting :)

View from the garden

We are blessed to live in this house :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your porch! Especially when you feed me yummy brownies out there! :)

    ReplyDelete